SGX CNX Nifty Index futures

From MarketsWiki
Revision as of 20:06, 5 March 2014 by ZheLi (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


SGX CNX Nifty Index futures
Exchange Singapore Exchange
Settlement Cash settled
Contract Size US$2 x CNX Nifty Index futures price
Pricing Unit 1 index point (US$2)
Tick Value 0.5 index point (US$1)
Contract Months 2 nearest serial months and 4 quarterly months on March, June, September and December cycle
Last Trading Day Last Thursday of the month. If this happens to fall on an India holiday, the last trading day shall be the preceding business day.

The expiring contract shall close on its last trading day at 6.15 pm.

Note: This contract is electronic ONLY -- no open outcry
  No Open Outcry Electronic
Trading Hours N/A Singapore Time

T Session:

Pre - Opening 8.45 am - 8.58 am Non - Cancel 8.58 am - 9.00 am Opening 9.00 am - 6.10 pm Pre - Closing 6.10 pm - 6.14 pm Non - Cancel 6.14 pm - 6.15 pm

T + 1 Session:

Pre - Opening 7.00 pm - 7.13 pm Non - Cancel 7.13 pm - 7.15 pm Opening 7.15 pm - 2.00 am Pre - Closing NA Non - Cancel NA

Note: The underlying stock market trades from 12.30 pm - 6.00 pm Singapore time, which is 10.00 am - 3.30 pm (Indian time.)

Ticker Symbol N/A IN
Price Limits N/A Whenever the price moves by 10%, in either direction from the previous day's settlement price, trading at or within the price limit of 10% is allowed for the next 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes have lapsed, an expanded price limit shall come into effect. The expanded price limit shall be 20% above or below the previous day's settlement price. There shall be a further 10 minutes cooling-off period after the expanded price limit has been reached. Thereafter, there shall be no price limits for the rest of the day.

There shall be no price limits on the Last Trading Day of the expiring contract.

SGX CNX Nifty Index options
Trade Unit One futures contract
Point Value 1 index point (500)
Tick Value 1 index point (500)
Option Months 3 nearest serial months & 5 nearest quarterly months
Strike Prices 250 index point intervals
Exercise Style European
  No Open Outcry Electronic
Trading Hours N/A Singapore Time

T Session:

Order Cancellation: 8.45 am - 9.00 am Opening: 9.00 am - 6.15 pm

T + 1 Session:

Order Cancellation: 7.00 pm - 7.15 pm Opening: 7.15 pm - 2.00 am

  • Trades executed during this session are for T+1 settlement.
Ticker Symbol N/A Calls – CNK Puts – PNK
Price Limits N/A There shall be no trading in any options contract when the underlying futures contract, whether such futures contract is listed on open outcry or electronic market, is bid or offered:

1) at its initial daily price limit or 2) at its expanded daily price limit, except that the above provisions shall not apply on an option's last day of trading.



Singapore Exchange Contract Specifications of SGX CNX Nifty Index Futures