|Occupation||Chief Economist and Head of Research|
|Employer||American Bankers Association|
Sayee Srinivasan is the chief economist and head of research for the American Bankers Association. He joined the organization in that role on June 7, 2021.
He will manage a professional staff of economists, data scientists and analysts while building and maintaining the ABA's preeminent research and data capabilities. He will also provide strategic direction for industry surveys and benchmarking studies on critical issues and coordinate with banker committees and ABA policy experts to identify and respond to the association’s research and data needs.
He was previously deputy director of risk surveillance for the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)’s Division of Clearing and Risk, after serving as chief economist at the CFTC. He was named to that position in December 2013 by Chairman Gary Gensler. Srinivasan joined the commission in 2012 in the Office of the Chief Economist.
He has written articles for various trade and industry publications, and co-authored books.
Srinivasan holds a Ph.D and a Master of Science in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin. He also holds a Master of Management Studies in Finance and a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from the University of Bombay, India.
- Electronic Commerce and the Revolution in Financial Markets, by Ming Fan, Jan Stallaert, Sayee Srinivasan and Andrew Whinston (South-Western College Pub, 2001) - ISBN 978-0030329937
- ABA Names New Chief Economist and Head of Research. American Bankers Association.
- CFTC Announces Sayee Srinivasan as the Acting Chief Economist. CFTC.
- Faculty Biographies. Stuart School of Business.
- NYSE, CME Officials In Race For BSE's Top Job. The Economic Times.