Difference between revisions of "Thailand Futures Exchange"
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 14:46, 1 April 2016
|Thailand Futures Exchange|
|Founded||May 17, 2004|
|Key People||Pakorn Malakul Na Ayudhya, Chairman|
The Thailand Futures Exchange (TFEX) is a subsidiary of the Stock Exchange of Thailand, offering stock index, interest rate, agriculture, rubber, energy and precious metals futures and options on futures contracts.
TFEX was ranked 32nd in 2015 in the Futures Industry Association's global list of the top derivatives exchanges measured by volume with 48.5 million contracts traded, up 34.8 percent on 2014's volume of 36 million.
Key Events of Thailand Futures Exchange
- 04/28/2006 - Launch SET50 Index Futures as the first product
- 08/28/2006 - Started Internet trading in SET50 Index Futures
- 09/18/2006 - Appointed three market makers to provide liquidity for SET50 Index Futures
- 04/09/2007 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX)
- 09/03/2007 - Allowed Direct Market Access (DMA) for convenience and easy execution
- 10/29/2007 - Launch SET50 Index Options as the second product
- 05/16/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- 09/05/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Options Industry Council (OIC)
- 11/24/2008 - Launch Stock Futures
- 02/02/2009 - Launch Thailand Futures Exchange Gold Futures
- 07/15/2010 - Sets Oct. 18 launch of 6-month interest rate (THBFIX) futures and 5-year government bond futures.
Products and Services
TFEX received approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission to remove silver futures from its trading board starting from the night session of July 31, 2014. The exchange made that move in response to the termination of the London Silver Fix.
|Year||Total Annual Volume||Percent Change|
- 2015 Annual Volume Survey. FIA magazine.