Thailand Futures Exchange
|Thailand Futures Exchange|
|Founded||May 17, 2004|
|Key People||Pakorn Malakul Na Ayudhya, Chairman|
TFEX was ranked 32nd in 2015 in the Futures Industry Association's global list of the top derivatives exchanges measured by volume with 48.5 million contracts traded, up 34.8 percent on 2014's volume of 36,021,150.
Direct Market Access
TFEX allows brokers to offer direct market access (DMA) to clients, allowing them to connect their trading applications with a broker’s front-end system, enabling a client’s order to be automatically routed through a broker and into the exchange without being handled manually..
Key Events of Thailand Futures Exchange
- 04/28/2006 - Launch SET50 Index Futures as the first product
- 08/28/2006 - Started Internet trading in SET50 Index Futures
- 09/18/2006 - Appointed three market makers to provide liquidity for SET50 Index Futures
- 04/09/2007 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX)
- 09/03/2007 - Allowed Direct Market Access (DMA) for convenience and easy execution
- 10/29/2007 - Launch SET50 Index Options as the second product
- 05/16/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE)
- 09/05/2008 - Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with The Options Industry Council (OIC)
- 11/24/2008 - Launch Stock Futures
- 02/02/2009 - Launch Thailand Futures Exchange Gold Futures
- 07/15/2010 - Sets Oct. 18 launch of 6-month interest rate (THBFIX) futures and 5-year government bond futures.
Products and Services
TFEX received approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission to remove silver futures from its trading board starting from the night session of July 31, 2014. The exchange made that move in response to the termination of the London Silver Fix.
|Year||Total Annual Volume||Percent Change|
The TFEX ranked number 44 in 2009 in the Futures Industry Association's global list of top 53 derivatives exchanges measured by volume, up 43% on 2008's volume figure. The FIA list, published in early April 2010, reports that that total volume for 2009 rose to 3.07 million from 2008's figure of 2.15 million.