Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:55, 28 July 2016 by FinnDardisGreen (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "charting" to "charting")
- See also the page for ConvergEx Group.
|Products||Multi-asset class, broker-neutral platform, data, and other services|
Townsend Analytics created technology-driven solutions for the global capital markets comprising four core areas: trading services, data, exchange services and portfolio and risk services. Townsend's business is primarily aimed at the institutional trading community. It was acquired by ConvergEx Group in 2010.
- December 2010 - RealTick is acquired by ConvergEx Group, a leading technology company providing mission critical software and technology-enabled services to asset managers and financial intermediaries globally.
- 2008 - Townsend Analytics is acquired by Barclays Group and is an independently operated and wholly owned subsidiary.
- 2005 - Townsend Analytics is acquired by Lehman Brothers and is an independently operated as a wholly owned subsidiary. Townsend became a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of the Wall Street giant.
Products and Services
Services included 
- Townsend Analytics’ flagship institutional product was RealTick EMS (Execution Management System). It is a multi-asset (global equities, futures, options, ETFs, bonds, FX, and synthetic equities), multi-broker, multi-routing and multi-regional market data, analytics and direct-market-access (DMA) trading platform.
- Broker-dealer connectivity to multiple asset classes
- Portfolio/trade order management tools
- Real-time and customizable trading and order-entry tools for algorithmic trading
- FIX flow - trade capture & order routing
- Mid- and back-office reporting tools
- Regulatory reporting tools
- Training & documentation
Content & Data Services
- Townsend Analytics Market Data
- RealTick Data Display Solutions
- Enterprise Wide Data-feeds solutions
- Research (Independent – 3rd Party- Sell Side)
- Data API Interface
Content & Data Services - Front Office
- Broker/manager desktop
- RealTick Market Data Terminal(s) - quotes, charting, research, news, trading/order entry applications, and pre-trade/post-trade analytics
Content & Data Services – Middle & Back Office
- RealTick Market Data Terminal- Account information, trade data.
- Reference Data
- Order Management Tools - View net positions and daily blotters.
- Enterprise Wide Data Feeds
- Broker/dealer extranet - web based trade and order management tool for the broker dealer.
- ↑ ConvergEx to buy RealTick. Securities Technology Monitor.
- ↑ "Lehman Brothers Acquires Townsend Analytics,” Dec. 22, 2005. FinanceTech.com.
- ↑ Trading Services. Townsend Analytics.